Here you will find answers to questions about the OK AML service as well as the corresponding legislation
1. Who is the service intended for, can a person other than the obligated person also use this service?
The way of using the application is determined by the business conditions. According to some findings, approximately 500,000 business entities meet the definition of liable persons in the Slovak Republic. The OK AML service is intended for legal entities and natural persons of entrepreneurs.
2. Who falls under the liable persons?
Mandatory persons determined § 5 of Act no. 297/2008 Coll. on protection against money laundering and on protection against terrorist financing and on amendments to certain laws, as amended.
You can also find a list of them on the website of the Ministry of the Interior
These include, for example: a financial agent, financial advisor, auditor, accountant, tax advisor, legal entity or natural person authorized to mediate the sale, lease and purchase of real estate or a bailiff.
An entrepreneur is also liable for the purposes of this Act if he carries out a cash transaction worth at least EUR 10,000, regardless of whether the transaction is carried out individually or as several consecutive transactions that are or may be linked.
3. How do I buy additional services?
After you register and order one of the available packages, it is possible to purchase additional services.
4. What does 1 scan include?
A complete report from the verification of one legal or natural person. In the case of legal entities, it is possible to supplement the report with inspections of individual natural persons connected with the given legal entity. The system will automatically offer a list of these individuals for further review.
5. What are the main changes to the law on protection against money laundering from 15. 3. 2018?
- The limit of cash transactions for the classification of a legal or natural person entrepreneur among obligated persons has been reduced to the level of EUR 10,000.
- Sanctions have been increased to EUR 1,000,000 for legal entities and Individuals – Entrepreneurs
- A politically exposed person (PEPs) is defined more broadly as a natural person who is or has been entrusted with a significant public function
- Basic care must always include identifying the end user of the benefits
- Increased care must be taken in the business relationship with PEPs or in the business relationship with a person established in a country designated by the European Commission as high risk
- A new obligation to identify, assess, evaluate and update the risks of money laundering has been introduced
- The program of own activity must be updated especially in connection with the change of the subject of activity of the liable person or even before the start of the provision of new products. It is now approved by the statutory body of the liable person
6. What does the Fifth AML Directive 2019/2020 bring?
The Directive introduces a public list of end-users of company benefits, better links national lists, introduces a register of bank account and safe deposit box information, restricts anonymous use of prepaid cards with an emphasis on the online environment and, in particular, deepens cooperation between national financial supervisors; .
The interconnection of all national registers will continue from 2021. In order to address the risks arising from prepaid cards and virtual currencies, the scope of the Directive is extended to electronic wallet providers and virtual currency exchange providers. In addition, the minimum threshold for identifying prepaid cardholders is reduced from EUR 250 to EUR 150.
7. What are some novelties in the amendment to Act no. 297/2008 Coll. of 17.6.2020?
The amended law is effective from 1. November 2020.
- Real estate agents are liable only if the value of the monthly rent is at least EUR 10,000
- For trades from € 10,000, persons trading in works of art, collectors’ items, antiques, cultural monuments, cultural objects, precious metals or precious stones are also liable.
- The circle of politically exposed persons expands to include persons of national and regional importance, such as the vice-president of the Judicial Council of the Slovak Republic, the president and vice-president of the Specialized Criminal Court, the president and vice-president of the regional court and the president and vice-president of the district court
- A special range of minimum precautionary measures is introduced for clients from countries identified by the European Commission as high-risk
- Trade license issued for a trade whose content meets the characteristics of the provision of virtual currency exchange services or the provision of virtual currency wallet services issued before 31 December. October 2020 expires on 28. February 2021 and changes into a tied trade
8. What is needed to access the non-public list of KÚV SR?
The controlled list of end users of benefits is operated by the Statistical Office of the Slovak Republic. In time, we will add a more detailed procedure on how to obtain access to it, the result of which you will receive access data for the system user of the liable person, which you will then enter in OK AML. General information is also available on the ŠÚSR website , but many technical and administrative challenges await you. The first step is to request access via https://rpo.statistics.sk/rpo/upvslogin and select the Application for registration of the liable person for the provision of data from the RPO on end users of benefits.
How to start?
You can use the OK AML service almost immediately.
Three simple steps are all it takes:
Create an account
Registration is fast, just enter your email. Try it.Registration
Log in to the application
With registration you automatically get a free version with which you can perform 3 full scans per month for FREE and without obligation.
* The free version also includes an updated Slovak list of politically exposed persons
Make up your mind
If you need more scans, or if you want to use more features in the application, buy the corresponding package, or just buy extra scans.Packages
Are you interested?
Contact us and we will be happy to help you provide additional information